We test perfection
Since 2014, the performance of all Refrion Liquid Coolers is guaranteed through the Eurovent certification programme.
And that’s not all: we have designed and built one of the largest proprietary climatic chambers in Europe.
This allows us to certify the units’ performance not only under standard test conditions (EN 1048), but more specifically, under the exact customer-defined operating conditions.
We can also test any units not covered by the certification programme, such as units equipped with adiabatic saturation systems, centrifugal fans, or a 60 Hz power frequency.
Our climatic chamber can be transversely divided to quickly adapt to the size of the unit being tested.
To support the Refrion Research & Development department, a specific sector is dedicated to testing prototypes.
The climatic chamber is housed in our Talmassons (UD, Italy) headquarters and is able to replicate the operating conditions – temperatures, flow rates and refrigerant pressure drops – and environmental conditions – temperature and relative air humidity – defined by clients during the unit sizing phase.
It directly measures the intake and outflow temperatures and pressures of the operating fluids and their flow rate, temperature, relative humidity and air flow rate inside the chamber, in addition to the power and absorbed electrical current. From these measurements, the thermal exchange capacity and energy efficiency coefficient can be accurately calculated.
Furthermore, the sound power level of the units can be measured via a sound intensity probe (ISO 9614-1).
UNITS SUBJECT TO TEST: THE WHOLE RANGE OF REFRION LIQUID COOLERS
LENGTH: 19,6 m
WIDTH: 12,3 m
HEIGHT: 8,5 m
R&D TESTING ROOM
LENGTH: 4,7 m
WIDTH: 7,5 m
HEIGHT: 6 m
ACCEPTANCE TESTS ROOM
LENGTH: 19,2 m
WIDTH: 7,5 m
HEIGHT: 6 m
MAX SIZE OF TESTABLE UNITS
- LENGTH: 14 m
- WIDTH: 3 m
- HEIGHT: 3,5 m
PERFORMANCE TESTING AND ASSESSMENT
- Thermal exchange capacity according to Eurovent standards (EN 1048)
- Thermal exchange capacity under customer-defined conditions
- Thermal exchange capacity under free cooling conditions
- Thermal exchange capacity under high-temperature conditions
- Electrical power / current consumed
- Liquid side pressure drop
- Sound levels (ISO 9614-1)
OPERATING RANGE (*)
- Air temperature: 0°C to +45°C (**)
- Relative air humidity: 40% to 70%
- Max intake liquid temperature:
- 50°C (with capacity up to 400 m3/hr),
- 100°C (with capacity up to 30 m3/hr)
- Maximum measurable exchange capacity: 2.2 MW
- Maximum air flow processed: 700.000 m3/hr
(*) The test conditions must be validated by the Refrion technical office.